Trusted Hospice Care in Decatur, Texas
When it’s time to find support and comfort care for your terminally ill loved one, you need a hospice team that’s ready from day one. Heart to Heart Hospice in Decatur, Texas, serves families seeking compassionate medical care, caregiver support, and an individualized approach for hospice patients.
Our hospice-trained staff provides dignity and guidance for the final months of a patient’s life, whether it’s at home or in a residential facility. You’ll discover the best, experienced care at Heart to Heart Hospice serving Decatur and the surrounding areas, including Wise and Montague counties.
Patient-Centered Hospice Services
Patients with a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage lung disease, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — receive an individualized patient-centered care plan. Below, some of the hospice services our care teams in Decatur offer are:
- Caregiver education and support with activities of daily living (personal care and grooming).
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment for comfort.
- Nurse visits for pain and symptom management, evaluations, and coordination of care.
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for spiritual, emotional, and mental support at the end of life.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Specialty programs including Care Bridge for Cardiac, Cancer, and Pulmonary patients.
- Journey’s End program, providing continuity in the final days of a patient’s life with increased hospice visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death, supporting the family during these final stages.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
If you’re asking, “Where is the best hospice care near me?” residents can count on Heart to Heart Hospice company in Decatur, Texas.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Choosing hospice care isn’t giving up; it’s asking for needed support for your loved one’s unique needs so you don’t have to navigate these times alone. When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and curative treatments aren’t working or are no longer desired, it is time to call in hospice. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans offer hospice benefits and coverage. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
Choosing Hospice: Comfort, Support, & Dignity
For residents of the Decatur area, Heart to Heart provides different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence, residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility.
Heart to Heart’s Fort Worth inpatient center is available for respite care or during a medical crisis. Sometimes home is not the best place for your loved one; ask us about private pay options for those who qualify. Our hospice inpatient center is a warm, home-like environment, where family and friends are welcome 24/7. For qualified patients, we address all the physical and emotional needs of the patient in an acute care setting.
Our compassionate hospice providers live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.
Heart to Heart Hospice in Decatur is CHAP certified for high-quality care. They are a member of the Decatur Chamber of Commerce.