Call on Quality Hospice Care in Sugar Land
When it’s time to find hospice experts near you, offering palliative care for your terminally ill loved one and caregiver support, discover compassionate assistance at Heart to Heart Hospice in Sugar Land, Texas. Our hospice-trained staff are ready from day one to provide dignity and guidance for the final months of a patient’s life, whether it’s at home or in a residential facility.
You’ll discover the best, experienced hospice care at Heart to Heart Hospice serving the following southeast Texas counties: Brazoria, Fort Bend, Harris, and Wharton.
Hospice Services Available
We serve patients with a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage lung disease, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — we provide an individualized patient-centered care plan. Below, some of the hospice services our Sugar Land care teams offer are:
- Education and support with activities of daily living (personal care and grooming).
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment for comfort.
- Nurse visits for pain and symptom management, evaluations, and coordination of care.
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for spiritual, emotional, and mental support at the end of life.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Specialty programs including Cardiac Care Bridge and music therapy.
- Journey’s End program, providing continuity in the final days of a patient’s life with increased hospice visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death, supporting the family during these final stages.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
If you’re asking, “Where is the best hospice care near me?” residents can count on Heart to Heart Hospice company in Sugar Land, Texas.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and curative treatments aren’t working or are no longer desired, it is time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans offer hospice benefits and coverage. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
Choosing Local Hospice Care
For residents of Sugar Land and nearby Texas counties, Heart to Heart provides different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence, residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility.
Heart to Heart’s Houston inpatient center is available for respite care or during a medical crisis. Sometimes home is not the best place for your loved one; ask us about private pay options for those who qualify. Our hospice inpatient center is a warm, home-like environment, where family and friends are welcome 24/7. For qualified patients, we address all the physical and emotional needs of the patient in an acute care setting.
Our compassionate hospice providers live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible. Heart to Heart Hospice in Sugar Land is CHAP certified for high-quality care.