Find Compassionate Hospice Care in Tyler, Texas
When facing the difficult and emotional task of caring for a loved one with an end-stage illness, you need hospice care experts ready from day one. Heart to Heart Hospice in Tyler, Texas, is a leading hospice provider offering compassionate support and dignity for terminally ill patients and their families. Our local office in Tyler provides hospice care in the following East Texas counties: Anderson, Cherokee, Gregg, Henderson, Rusk, Smith, Vanzandt, and Wood.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and curative treatments aren’t working or are no longer desired, it is time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans offer hospice benefits and coverage. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
What Hospice Services are Offered?
For a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage lung disease, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — we provide an individualized patient-centered care plan. Some of the hospice services our care teams in Tyler offer include:
- Nurse visits for pain management, evaluations, and coordination of care teams.
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for the emotional, mental, and spiritual needs at the end of life.
- Education and support with activities of daily personal care and grooming.
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment for comfort.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Respite care to provide caregivers time away or during a period of urgent need.
- Specialty programs include Cancer Care Bridge, Pulmonary Care Bridge, and Cardiac Care Bridge.
- Journey’s End program, providing continuity in the final days of a patient’s life with increased hospice visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
Tyler Hospice Care: Comfort, Support, & Dignity
For residents of Tyler, Texas, Heart to Heart provides different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence (in-home hospice), residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility. For qualified patients, we address all the physical and emotional needs of the patient in an acute care setting.
Entrust your loved one’s care to Heart to Heart Hospice, the top hospice provider in Tyler. Our compassionate hospice employees live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.
Heart to Heart Hospice in Tyler is CHAP certified for high-quality care and a We Honor Veterans Level 3 provider. Tyler’s Heart to Heart Hospice team has received Hospice Honors since 2014, including Hospice Elite in 2018 and 2019. They were also named in the Best of Tyler in 2021 and are proud sponsors of the Alzheimer’s Walk and REACH. They are members of the Tyler Chamber of Commerce, NHPCO, TXNMHO, and the Alzheimer’s Alliance.