Top Hospice Care in North Dallas, Texas (Carrollton)
When you are facing the difficult and emotional task of caring for a loved one with an end-stage illness, you need hospice care experts ready from day one. Heart to Heart Hospice in Carrollton, Texas, is a leading hospice company that provides compassionate support and dignity for patients and their families. Our local office in the North Dallas Metroplex serves the following Texas counties: Denton, Dallas and Collin.
For a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage lung disease, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — we provide an individualized patient-centered care plan. Some of the hospice services our care teams in North Dallas offer include:
- Education and support with activities of daily living (personal care and grooming).
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment for comfort.
- Nurse visits for pain and symptom management, evaluations, and coordination of care teams.
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for the emotional, mental, and spiritual needs at the end of life.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Specialty programs including Cardiac Care Bridge and Cancer Care Bridge.
- Journey’s End program, providing continuity in the final days of a patient’s life with increased hospice visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death, supporting the family during these final stages.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
If you’re asking, “Where is the best hospice care near me?” residents can call on Heart to Heart Hospice company in the North Dallas Metroplex.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and curative treatments aren’t working or are no longer desired, it is time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans offer hospice benefits and coverage. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
Choosing Local Hospice Care in North Dallas
For residents of Texas’s North Dallas Metroplex, Heart to Heart provides different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence, residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility. Our hospice inpatient center in nearby Fort Worth is a warm, home-like environment, where family and friends are welcome 24/7. For qualified patients, we address all the physical and emotional needs of the patient in an acute care setting.
Our compassionate hospice providers live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.