Discover Loving Hospice Care in Terre Haute, IN
Caring for a loved one with a terminal or life-limiting illness requires heart, soul, energy, and a team of knowledgeable health care providers. When it’s time to call on hospice care, you need experts ready from day one to offer guidance and support. At Heart to Heart Hospice in Terre Haute, Indiana, you’ll discover a compassionate team that comes alongside you to create a custom care plan for your loved one.
For residents in and around Terre Haute, Heart to Heart Hospice serves the following western Indiana counties: Clay, Fountain, Montgomery, Parke, Sullivan, Vermillion, Vigo, and Warren.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined a patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and all curative treatments are discontinued, it is time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Talk with your doctor and review these questions together: Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans have hospice benefits. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
What are Hospice Services in Terre Haute, IN?
For a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage cancer, dementia, Alzhiemer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — we provide an individualized patient-centered care plan. Some of the services our care teams in Terre Haute offer include:
- Education and support for routines, from daily grooming care to medications.
- Nurse visits for pain management, evaluations, and coordination of care teams (doctors, medications, therapies, etc.).
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for the emotional, mental, and spiritual needs at the end of life.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Specialty programs including Cardiac Care Bridge and massage therapy.
- Respite care to provide caregivers time away or help in urgent circumstances.
- Journey’s End, providing continuity in the final days of life with increased visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
Hospice Care in Terre Haute: Comfort, Support, & Dignity
For residents in western Indiana, Heart to Heart Hospice provides different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence (in-home hospice), residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility. Our compassionate hospice providers live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one.
Heart to Heart Hospice in Terre Haute is CHAP certified for high-quality care. We are proud sponsors of the Alzheimer’s Walk and LIFT parade. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.