Top Hospice Care in South Dallas, Texas
When it’s time for hospice care for your loved one with an advanced-stage illness, you can find compassionate experts, ready from day one to offer support and dignity for both the patient and family. You’ll discover the best, experienced hospice care for your loved one at Heart to Heart Hospice in the South Dallas Metroplex. We serve the Texas counties of Dallas, Ellis, Kaufman, and Navarro.
For a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage lung disease, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — we provide an individualized patient-centered care plan. Some of the hospice services our care teams in South Dallas offer include:
- Education and support with activities of daily living (personal care and grooming).
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment for comfort.
- Nurse visits for pain and symptom management, evaluations, and coordination of care teams.
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for the emotional, mental, and spiritual needs at the end of life.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Specialty programs including Cardiac Care Bridge and Cancer Care Bridge.
- Journey’s End program, providing continuity in the final days of a patient’s life with increased hospice visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death, supporting the family during these final stages.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
If you’re asking, “Where is the best hospice care near me?” residents can rely on Heart to Heart Hospice in the South Dallas Metroplex.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and curative treatments aren’t working or are no longer desired, it is time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans offer hospice benefits and coverage. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
Local Hospice for South Dallas Metroplex
For residents of Texas’s South Dallas area, Heart to Heart provides different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence, residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility. Our hospice inpatient center in nearby Fort Worth is a warm, home-like environment, where family and friends are welcome 24/7. For qualified patients, we address all the physical and emotional needs of the patient in an acute care setting.
Our compassionate hospice providers live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.
Heart to Heart Hospice in South Dallas is CHAP certified for high-quality care. We are members of the Texas New Mexico Hospice Organization and are a partner with the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.