Find Quality Hospice Care in San Marcos, TX
When you need palliative care for your terminally ill loved one on hospice, plus much-needed caregiver support, call on the compassionate experts at Heart to Heart Hospice in San Marcos, Texas. Our hospice-trained staff are ready from day one to provide help and guidance for the final months of a patient’s life, whether it’s at home or in a residential facility.
You’ll discover an experienced hospice care team at Heart to Heart Hospice serving the following Central Texas counties: Bexar, Blanco, Caldwell, Comal, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, and Travis.
Hospice Services You Need
We serve patients with a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage lung disease, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — with an individualized patient-centered care plan. Below, some of the hospice services our San Marcos care teams offer are:
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment for comfort.
- Nurse visits for pain and symptom management, evaluations, and coordination of care.
- Education and support with activities of daily living (personal care and grooming).
- Spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers specifically trained in hospice care for spiritual, emotional, and mental support at the end of life.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Specialty programs including massage therapy, Cardiac Care Bridge, Cancer Care Bridge, and Pulmonary Care Bridge.
- Journey’s End program, providing continuity in the final days of a patient’s life with increased hospice visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death, supporting the family during these final stages.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
If you’re asking, “Where is the best hospice care near me?” residents can count on Heart to Heart Hospice company in San Marcos, Texas.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and curative treatments aren’t working or are no longer desired, it is time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans offer hospice benefits and coverage. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
Choosing Local Hospice Care
For residents of San Marcos and nearby Texas counties, Heart to Heart provides different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence, residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility.
Heart to Heart Hospice in San Marcos reminds families: “Hospice is not about giving up hope, but about getting support.”
Our experienced, compassionate hospice providers and leadership live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.
Heart to Heart Hospice in San Marcos is CHAP certified for high-quality care and a We Honor Veterans Level 1 partner. We also have been recognized with Hospice Honors 2019, Best of Hays County, Best of Comal County, and Best of Guadalupe County. Heart to Heart Hospice San Marcos is a proud partner with the local Heart Walk, Alzheimer’s Walk, the Texas Ramp Project, and the Texas State University Social Work Program. Our hospice company is a member of the local Chambers of Commerce including San Marcos, New Braunfels, Seguin, Gonzales, and Blanco.