Choose Mid-Michigan’s Top Hospice Care in Saginaw
When you need palliative care for your terminally ill loved one, plus caregiver help at home, call on the compassionate experts at Heart to Heart Hospice in Saginaw, Michigan. Our hospice-trained staff are ready from day one to provide dignity and guidance for the final months of a patient’s life.
You’ll discover the Saginaw area’s best, experienced hospice care at Heart to Heart Hospice serving the following Michigan counties: Bay, Midland, Saginaw, and North Tuscola.
Hospice Services You Need
For Saginaw and other mid-Michigan locations, Heart to Heart provides a variety of hospice services and levels of care wherever the patient calls home. This includes at-home care or a residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility.
Recognizing each case is unique, we offer individualized, patient-centered care for a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage lung disease, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure. Below, some of the hospice services our Saginaw care teams offer are:
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment for comfort.
- Nurse visits for pain and symptom management, evaluations, and coordination of care.
- Education and support for daily living activities (personal care and grooming).
- Specialty programs including Care Bridge for Cardiac, Cancer, and Pulmonary needs, plus music therapy.
- Spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers specifically trained in hospice care for spiritual, emotional, and mental support at the end of life.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Journey’s End program, providing continuity in the final days of a patient’s life with increased hospice visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death, supporting the family during these final stages.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
If you’re asking, “Where is the best hospice care near me?” residents can count on Heart to Heart Hospice company in Saginaw, Michigan.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and curative treatments aren’t working or are no longer desired, it’s time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice? If the answer is “yes,” help alleviate stress by inviting hospice experts to walk you through the process with care and dignity.
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans offer hospice benefits and coverage. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
Choosing Local Hospice Care
Our compassionate hospice providers live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible. Heart to Heart Hospice in Saginaw is CHAP certified for high-quality care. We are also a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) and a sponsor with Walk to End Alzheimer’s Lansing.