Call on Expert Hospice Support in Palestine, Texas
For residents of Palestine, Texas, and surrounding areas — you can find compassionate experts near you when it’s time to call on hospice support for your loved one with an advanced-stage illness. Our hospice-trained staff at Heart to Heart Hospice is ready from day one to provide dignity and guidance for patients, their families and/or caregivers.
You’ll discover the best, experienced hospice care at Heart to Heart Hospice serving the following East Texas counties: Anderson, Cherokee, Freestone, Houston, Leon, Navarro, and Rusk.
Hospice Services Available
For a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage lung disease, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — we provide an individualized patient-centered care plan. Below, some of the hospice services our care teams in Palestine, Texas, offer are:
- Education and support with activities of daily living (personal care and grooming).
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment for comfort.
- Nurse visits for pain and symptom management, evaluations, and coordination of care.
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for the spiritual, emotional, and mental support at the end of life.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Specialty programs include Cardiac Care Bridge, Cancer Care Bridge, and Pulmonary Care Bridge.
- Journey’s End program, providing continuity in the final days of a patient’s life with increased hospice visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death, supporting the family during these final stages.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
If you’re asking, “Where is the best hospice care near me?” residents can call on Heart to Heart Hospice company in Palestine, Texas.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and curative treatments aren’t working or are no longer desired, it is time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans offer hospice benefits and coverage. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
Choosing Local Hospice Care in Palestine, TX
For residents of Palestine and nearby counties, Heart to Heart provides different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence, residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility.
Our compassionate hospice providers live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.
Heart to Heart Hospice in Frio County is CHAP certified for high-quality care and a We Honor Veterans (WHV) Level 3 partner. We have been recognized as part of the Best of Palestine since 2016 and a Hospice Honors recipient since 2014 (named Hospice Elite in 2018 and 2019). We also are sponsors for Paint Palestine Pink every October. We are members of the NHPCO, TXNMHO, the Alzheimer’s Alliance, the Jacksonville and Palestine Chamber of Commerce, Healthcare Advisory Committee, and the Newcomer’s Club.