Trusted Hospice Care in Fort Wayne, Indiana
When you need hospice care for a loved one in their final months of life, you want a team who offers compassionate care ready from day one. In Fort Wayne, Indiana, you can count on Heart to Heart Hospice to provide medical, emotional, and practical support for the caregiver and the patient.
Heart to Heart Hospice helps navigate the unique needs of your loved one and provides care to residents of Fort Wayne and the following northeast Indiana counties: LaGrange, Steuben, DeKalb, Noble, Whitley, Allen, Wells, Adams, and Huntington.
Hospice Services Available in Fort Wayne, IN
We serve patients with a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage lung disease, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — with an individualized patient-centered care plan. Below, some of the hospice services our Fort Wayne care teams offer are:
- Caregiver education and support with activities of daily living (personal care and grooming).
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment for comfort.
- Nurse visits for pain and symptom management, evaluations, and coordination of care.
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for spiritual, emotional, and mental support at the end of life.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Specialty programs including Care Bridge Cardiac Care, pet therapy, and music therapy.
- Journey’s End program, providing continuity in the final days of a patient’s life with increased hospice visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death, supporting the family during these final stages.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
If you’re asking, “Where is the best hospice care near me?” residents can count on Heart to Heart Hospice company in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and curative treatments aren’t working or are no longer desired, it is time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice? Choosing hospice care isn’t giving up; it’s asking for needed support for your loved one’s unique needs so you don’t have to navigate these times alone.
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans offer hospice benefits and coverage. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
Choosing Hospice: Comfort, Support, & Dignity
For residents of Fort Wayne and northeastern Indiana counties, Heart to Heart provides different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence, residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility.
Our compassionate hospice providers live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.
Heart to Heart Hospice in Fort Wayne is CHAP certified for high-quality care. We are a We Honor Veterans Level 1 partner, and all staff are dementia certified. We proudly support the local Walk for Alzeihmers.