Find Top Hospice Care in Marshall, Texas
When your terminally ill loved one needs pain relief and comfort care during their final months, you need a hospice team that’s ready from day one. You’ll find that at Heart to Heart Hospice in Marshall, Texas, with our patient-centered approach and heartfelt caregiver support.
Our hospice-trained staff provides dignity and guidance for the final months of a patient’s life. You’ll discover skilled, compassionate care at Heart to Heart Hospice serving Marshall and the following East Texas counties: Gregg, Harrison, Upshur, Panola, Wood, Rusk, and Marion.
Personalized Hospice Services
For residents of the Marshall area, Heart to Heart provides different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes home hospice support at a private residence, residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility.
Patients with a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage lung disease, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — receive an individualized care plan. Below, some of the hospice services our care teams in Marshall provide are:
- Caregiver education and support with activities of daily living (personal care and grooming).
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment.
- Nurse visits for pain and symptom management, evaluations, and coordination of care.
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for spiritual, emotional, and mental support at the end of life.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Specialty programs including Care Bridge for Cardiac, Cancer, and Pulmonary patients.
- Journey’s End program, providing continuity in the final days of a patient’s life with increased hospice visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death, supporting the family during these final stages.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Choosing hospice care isn’t giving up; it’s seeking needed support for your loved one’s unique needs so you don’t have to navigate these times alone. When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and curative treatments aren’t working or are no longer desired, it’s time to call in hospice. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans offer hospice benefits and coverage. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
Comfort, Support, & Dignity
Our compassionate hospice providers live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.
Heart to Heart Hospice in Marshall is CHAP certified for high-quality care and a Hospice Honors recipient. We are a member of the local Chamber of Commerce.