Choose Quality Hospice Care in Lansing, MI
Making the decision to call on hospice support for a terminally ill loved one is difficult. Hospice care isn’t giving up, but instead provides comfort measures for the patient and much-needed support for family caregivers. When you call on Heart to Heart Hospice, you’ll discover compassionate experts ready from day one to offer guidance and support.
For residents in or near Lansing, Michigan, Heart to Heart Hospice serves the following counties: Clinton, Eaton, Ingham, Jackson, and Livingston.
What are Hospice Services?
For a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage cancer, dementia, Alzhiemer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — we provide an individualized patient-centered care plan. Some of the services our care teams in Lansing offer include:
- Education and support for routines, from daily grooming care to medications
- Nurse visits for pain management, evaluations, and coordination of care teams (doctors, medications, therapies, etc.)
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for the emotional, mental, and spiritual needs at the end of life
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence
- Specialty programs including music enhancement and Care Bridge for Cancer, Cardiac, and Pulmonary Care
- Journey’s End, providing continuity in the final days of life with increased visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and all curative treatments are discontinued, it is time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans have hospice benefits. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
Compassionate Hospice Care in Lansing
For residents in the Lansing area, we provide different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence, residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility. Our compassionate hospice providers live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one.
Heart to Heart Hospice in Lansing is dementia certified and CHAP certified for high-quality care. The local Heart to Heart team is a Hospice Honors recipient and is a proud sponsor of the local Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.