Find Compassionate Hospice Care in Texas’s Gulf Coast
When facing the difficult and emotional task of caring for a loved one with an end-stage illness, you need hospice care experts ready from day one. Heart to Heart Hospice in Beaumont, Texas, is a leading hospice provider offering compassionate support and dignity for terminally ill patients and their families.
Our local Gulf Coast branch in Beaumont provides hospice care in the following Texas counties: Jefferson, Orange, Chambers, Hardin, Jasper, Newton, Liberty, Galveston, and Tyler.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined a patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and curative treatments aren’t working or are no longer desired, it is time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support for end-of-life needs. Talk with your doctor and determine Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans offer hospice benefits and coverage. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice.
What Hospice Services are Offered?
For a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage lung disease, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — we provide an individualized patient-centered care plan. Some of the hospice services our care teams in Beaumont offer include:
- Nurse visits for pain management, evaluations, and coordination of care teams.
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for the emotional, mental, and spiritual needs at the end of life.
- Caregiver education and support with activities of daily personal care and grooming.
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment for comfort.
- Specialty programs include Cancer, Cardiac, and Pulmonary Care Bridge.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Respite care through contracted facilities in order to provide caregivers time away or during a period of urgent need.
- General inpatient care (GIP) in a contracted facility for short-term management of pain or symptoms that cannot be controlled at home.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
Top Gulf Coast Hospice Care: Comfort, Support, & Dignity
For Beaumont-area residents, Heart to Heart provides different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence (in-home hospice), residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility. For qualified patients, we address all the physical and emotional needs of the patient in an acute care setting.
Entrust your loved one’s care to Heart to Heart Hospice. Our compassionate employees live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.
Heart to Heart Hospice in Beaumont is CHAP certified for high-quality care and is the only southeast Texas hospice organization awarded Hospice Honors Elite. They also were named to the Rising Star Program and received a Nova award. The Gulf Coast Heart to Heart is a member of the local Chambers of Commerce (Beaumont, Jasper/Lakes Area, and Liberty/Dayton), the NHPCO, BBB of Southeast Texas, and the New Mexico Hospice Organization.