Top Hospice Care in Evansville, IN
When it’s time for hospice care for your loved one with an advanced-stage illness, find compassionate experts near you in Evansville, Indiana. Heart to Heart Hospice experts are ready from day one to offer support and dignity for both patients and their families and/or caregivers. You’ll discover the best, experienced hospice care for your loved one at Heart to Heart Hospice serving the southern Indiana counties of Dubois, Knox, Gibson, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, and Warrick.
For a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage lung disease, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — we offer an individualized patient-centered care plan. Some of the hospice services provided by our care teams in the Evansville area include:
- Education and support with activities of daily living such as personal care and grooming.
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment for comfort.
- Nurse visits for pain and symptom management, evaluations, and coordination of care teams.
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for the emotional, mental, and spiritual needs at the end of life.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Specialty programs including pet therapy, Cardiac Care Bridge, and Cancer Care Bridge.
- Journey’s End program, providing continuity in the final days of a patient’s life with increased hospice visits and the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death, supporting the family during these final stages.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and curative treatments aren’t working or are no longer desired, it is time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort care (also called palliative care) and support for end-of-life needs. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans offer hospice benefits and coverage. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice. If you’re asking, “Where is the best hospice care near me?” families can rely on Heart to Heart Hospice in Evansville, Indiana.
Local Hospice for Southwestern Indiana
For residents in and around Evansville, Heart to Heart provides different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence, residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility. Heart to Heart’s inpatient center in Evansville (opening in spring 2022) is a warm, home-like environment, where family and friends are welcome 24/7. For qualified patients, we address all the physical and emotional needs of the patient in an acute care setting.
Our staff at Heart to Heart Hospice in Evansville is certified in the following areas of care: We Honor Veterans (WHV) Level 4, dementia, Advanced Care Planning, and CHAP. We are affiliated with HOME, BASTAS, and HELP.
Our compassionate hospice providers live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one. Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.