Top Hospice Care in Detroit, MI
When it’s time to call on hospice care for your loved one with a life-limiting illness, it can feel difficult and confusing. You need hospice experts near you, ready from day one to offer support, dignity, and compassion for both the patient and their family. You’ll discover the best, experienced hospice care for your loved one at Heart to Heart Hospice in Detroit, Michigan. Our headquarters are located in Bingham Farms off Highway 24/Telegraph Road. We serve Wayne, Livingston, Oakland, and Macomb counties.
For a variety of terminal illnesses — including end-stage cancer, dementia, Alzhiemer’s, kidney disease, and heart failure — we provide an individualized patient-centered care plan. Some of the services our care teams in Detroit offer include:
- Education and support for routines, from daily grooming care to medications
- Nurse visits for pain management, evaluations, and coordination of care teams (doctors, medications, etc.)
- Massage therapy and other in-home therapies for palliative needs.
- Hospice-trained spiritual care coordinators/chaplains and social workers for the emotional, mental, and spiritual needs at the end of life.
- Home health aides and volunteers to provide assistance and presence.
- Specialty programs including Care Bridge Cancer Care, Care Bridge Cardiac Care, Journey’s End. Journey’s End provides continuity with increased hospice care visits in the final days of life with the intent of a hospice worker being bedside during the time of death, supporting the family during these final stages.
- Bereavement care for up to 13 months after loss.
If you’re asking, “Where is the best hospice care near me?” you can rely on Heart to Heart Hospice in Detroit.
When is it time for hospice? Who is eligible?
When a doctor has determined the patient has a life expectancy of six months or less, and all curative treatments are discontinued, it is time to call in hospice. Many times families wait too long to seek comfort (palliative) care and support. Talk with your doctor and ask these questions: Is it Time for Hospice?
Medicare, Medicaid, VA benefits, and most private health insurance plans have hospice benefits. Medicare beneficiaries receive hospice at little to no cost. Read more here: Eligibility and Paying For Hospice. Detroit’s Heart to Heart Hospice is certified in the following areas: Veteran Level 4 for veteran-specific support, dementia, and CHAP for high-quality care.
Local hospice for Detroit, MI
For residents of the Detroit Metroplex, we provide different levels of hospice care wherever the patient calls home. This includes a private residence, residential facility, contracted hospital, or inpatient facility (including our Detroit-area facility). Our compassionate hospice providers live and work in your community, so we understand the local needs and challenges when caring for your loved one.
Contact us today to set up your first hospice appointment so we can begin assisting you as soon as possible.